Search this documentation
- The Digitization Handbook outlines the procedures and technical specifications used to digitize archival and special collections held by the Dalhousie Libraries.
- Terms in the Handbook are defined in the Dalhousie Libraries' Documentation Wiki Glossary.
- Basic digitization workflow
- Digitization facilities
- Section 2.0 - Standard size textual records
- Section 3.0 - Books, journals, and other bound multi-page items
- Section 4.0 - Oversize items
- Section 5.0 - Photographic prints
- Section 8.0 - Glass plate negatives
- Section 9.0 - Outsourced digitization of audiovisual items
- Section 17.0 - Herbarium specimens
- Appendix A - Quality Control
- Appendix B - Guiding principles for file naming and file organization
- Appendix C - Technical specifications for "master" files